What is Lipogems?
Lipogems is a regenerative medicine treatment which harvests adipose tissue (fat) from your own body and processes it via a unique system into an injectable substance with remarkable healing and regenerative properties. It may be used to treat various orthopedic, cardiovascular, neuromuscular and autoimmune conditions.
How does Lipogems Work?
Fat contains a high percentage of stem cells which are undifferentiated cells that may regenerate and multiply forming tissue when necessary. Conventional stem cell treatments isolate these stem cells and inject them into areas that require healing or repair. Many stem cells, however, die in the process due to lack of a supportive environment. Lipogems uses a special device that preserves the fat environment which contains cells such as pericytes and cytokines that support and direct the activity of stem cells. During the process, the adipose tissue is fragmented to release cells and certain residues that promote inflammation are removed. No enzymes are used at all and a sterile saline solution helps minimize damage to the cellular products.
For the procedure, your doctor first selects a site for fat extraction. The area is injected with a mixture of anesthetic and saline.
After the area is sufficiently anesthetized, about 50-120 cc of fat is extracted, depending on how much is needed.
There is no visible change in appearance at the donor site. The fat is then processed in the Lipogems device which takes about 20 minutes.
It is then drawn into syringes and injected into areas that require healing and regeneration. The entire procedure takes about 90 minutes.
- Nano Arthroscopy
- Achilles Tendon Rupture Repair
- Ankle Arthroscopy
- Ankle Arthrodesis aka Ankle Fusion
- Subtalar Arthrodesis
- Ankle Ligament Reconstruction
- Ankle Instability Surgery
- Bunion Surgery (Minimally Invasive)
- Minimally Invasive Foot Surgery
- Foot & Ankle Deformity Correction
- Bone Marrow Stimulation
- Trapdoor Procedure
- Tibial Osteochondral Lesion (OCL) Infill
- Flatfoot Reconstruction
- Shockwave Treatment for Plantar Fasciitis
- Lesser Toe Surgery
- Metatarsal Surgery
- Complex Foot and Ankle Surgeries
- Osteochondral Allograft Transplantation System (OATS) of the Ankle
- Tendon Transfer
- Ankle Tenotomy
- Foot Injections
- Foot and Ankle Examination
- Internal and External Fixation of Foot and Ankle Fractures
- Brostrom Repair
- Regenerative Medicine
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Nanoscope Technology
- Knee Regenerative Treatments